The Run Begins On
29th January 2017 @ 6:30 AM
Symbiosis Institute of Business Management-Bengaluru
#95/1 #95/2 Hosur Road
Electronic City Phase-I Bengaluru
About SIBM Bengaluru
Previous episodes showcasing the sheer brilliance of our institute are Utopia, Utthaan, Alchemy, Revelation, and TEDx which have garnered immense attention from the realm of commerce as well as media.
The Rotaract Club of Symbiosis Institute of Business Management – Bengaluru in association with the Rotary Club of Indiranagar (District 3190) & and the Social Responsibility Committee of SIBM-B present to you the Third edition of ‘LIFE DART 5K Run’. Symbiosis Institute of Business Management – Bengaluru is gearing up for its third edition of this fund raising platform. The Endowment raised through this event will be forwarded to a Non-Governmental Organization .
About Rotary Bangalore Indiranagar
About Rotaract Club of SIBM Bengaluru
Note : On the spot registration will also be available at the event venue on the day of the event from 6:30 AM onwards.
LifeDart 2k16 Gallery
We are delighted to have Unibic Cookies on board as the cookie partner of Life Dart 2017. Meet the only specialized cookie maker in the country. Established in India in 2005, Unibic is today the fastest growing cookie brand in India. Unibic draws on an Australian heritage, ensuring truly world class quality in every cookie. Today, Unibic offers more than 20 Bicalicious cookies - there is a one for every taste and need. An innovation first approach leads Unibic to offer the finest baking instincts with the latest technology. Unibic is headed by its Managing Director Mr. Nikhil Sen and a dedicated senior management team with over a 100 years of collective bakery industry experience. Unibic exports to several countries across the globe. In India, Unibic has earned a niche in the cookie market, emerging as one of the fastest growing FMCG brands in the country. Unibic cookies are crunchier and tastier than traditional biscuits. The reason is the unique wire-cut technology that allows cookies to have a richer texture. Their state-of-the-art factory is located in Bangalore. The machinery used in the facility has been imported from Europe. Their strict QC procedures ensure that the company delivers great taste, every single time. Riding on the success of our cookies, the other biscuit companies have lately re-christened their biscuits as 'cookies'. To know more about Unibic Cookies, visit:http://unibicindia.com/
(Online sticker collection & On-the-spot)
|06:30 a.m. – 06:55 a.m.|
|Flag Off by Guest||07:00 a.m.|
|Announcement & Prize Distributions||09:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.|
NOTE: No exchange of sticker numbers will be allowed.
Carbohydrates: If you are on a low-carb diet, discontinue it at once. Carbohydrates provide glycogen, which your body needs to burn in order to produce energy for the race. So your diet needs to be rich in carbs. Foods for marathon training include: potatoes, yams, beans, macaroni, spaghetti, brown rice among many others.
Proteins: Indian foods high in protein include: chickpeas, lentils, nuts and paneer. They help repair & restore muscle tissue, and are also important as a source of energy.
Fats: Stick to foods low in saturated fats and cholesterol. Foods such as nuts, oil and cold-water fish provide essential fats called omega-3, can help prevent certain diseases.
Calcium: It prevents osteoporosis and stress fractures for runners. Good sources: low-fat dairy products, calcium-fortified juices, leafy vegetables, beans, and eggs. You consumption should be 1,000 to 1,300 mg of calcium per day. Iron delivers oxygen to your cells. Men should aim for 8 mg of iron a day and its 18 mg for women. Sources: lean meat, green leafy vegetables, nuts, shrimp, and scallops.
Sodium and other electrolytes are lost through sweat during exercise. Try drinking a sports drink or eating some pretzels after exercise.
Terms and Conditions
- I will be participating in the event voluntarily, entirely at my own risk and responsibility. I understand the risk of participating on a course with vehicular traffic, even if the course may be regulated/policed
- To participate in the event, I have obtained appropriate medical advice and clearance from authorized medical practitioner.
- I will not use any form of nicotine and/or illegal form of drugs and/or alcohol within 200 meters range of the event venue, i.e. Symbiosis Institute of Business Management-Bengaluru and the track authorized for the event
- My legal representatives and I, waive all claims of whatsoever nature against any and all organizers, sponsors of the event (Life Dart 5K Run), all political entities, authorities and officials, Symbiosis Institute of Business Management-Bengaluru officials, Rotary Bangalore, Indiranagar (Dist. 3190), volunteers and all other persons and entities associated with the event and the directors, employees, agents, and representatives of all or any of the aforementioned including, but not limited to, any claims that might result from me participating in the event and whether on account of illness, injury, death or otherwise.
- If I am injured or taken ill or otherwise suffer any detriment whatsoever, I hereby irrevocably authorize the event officials and organizers to, at my risk and cost, transport me to a medical facility and/or to administer emergency medical treatment and I & my legal representatives, waive all claims that might result from such transport and/or treatment or delay or deficiency therein.
- I shall not hold the organizers of this event responsible for the loss of my chest sticker and any personal belongings during the event. I shall follow all the rules, regulations, dress code, etc. formulated by the Life Dart 5K Run & Symbiosis Institute of Business Management-Bengaluru, Rotary Bangalore, Indiranagar (Dist. 3190), organizers, officials and volunteers. I, hereby, assure the organizer, i.e. Symbiosis Institute of Business Management-Bengaluru, sponsors of the Life Dart 5K Run & the event officials (including Medical Officials, if any) of complete compliance of the instructions, terms and conditions of the Life Dart 5K Run with respect to all costs, expenses, damages and consequences, whether direct or indirect. All disputes are subject to Bengaluru jurisdiction.
- Once the payment is made by me, Life Dart 5K Run organizers, i.e. Symbiosis Institute of Business Management-Bengaluru and Rotary Bangalore, Indiranagar (Dist. 3190) will not be responsible for any refund of the payment made in case of my absence during the event or cancellation of participation.
- In the event of rescheduling the Life Dart 5K run, the participants will be communicated of the revised schedule through e-mail only. The organizers of the event, i.e. Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bengaluru will not be held responsible.
- I have fully understood the risk and responsibility of participating in the Life Dart 5k Run 2017, being held on 29th January, 2017.